2019 Winter Oven Build SANDI CHANTO – December 29, 2019-January 5, 2020
BRICKS TO BREAD
Events & Activities
Octoberfiesta – Friday, October 11th, 2019
2019 Summer Fundraiser – Sunday, July 21st, 2019
FINNEGANS Market– Wednesdays, May 29 – September 18, 2019
2019 Oven Building Trip NAITAMI – March 23 – April 1, 2019
Johan’s Fundraiser (Carnitas and more!) – February 22, 2019
Pretzel Fundraiser – February 9, March 2, and March 9
Costa Rican Octoberfest Fundraiser – Friday, October 5th, 2018
2018 Oven Building Trip DAYSI – July 7-16, 2018
2018 Spring Fundraiser – Saturday, May 19th, 2018
We have two volunteer opportunities:
First opportunity: Volunteer during one of our semi-weekly baking days. There are three phases to our bread baking process; preparing the dough, forming the loaves and baking. Check out the section to the left to read more.
** DUE TO COVID-19, we are seeking only one volunteer per shift. Masks and hair coverings are required.
There are three shifts:
- Prepping the dough the night before
- Forming the loaves in the morning
- Baking the bread mid-day.
Time: Each shift takes 2-3 hours depending on the amount of bread we bake and the temperature of the oven.
- Prepping dough: 9:00pm-11:00pm the night before
- Form the loaves: 9:00am-12:00noon
- Bake bread: 1:00pm-4:00pm
Second opportunity: Be a part of a Volunteer Trip Experience and travel to Costa Rica with us for 10 days and volunteer on one of our oven projects!
If you are interested in volunteering for either of these opportunities please email us, we’d be more than happy to send you more information.
Thanks again for your interest in Bricks to Bread and supporting our mission to help change the lives of women and children within the impoverished regions of Costa Rica!
** DUE TO TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS AS A RESULT OF COVID-19, our 2020 oven projects are on hold until further notice. If possible, we will complete two of the pending projects in December with local volunteers.
Stay tuned for an update on volunteer travel opportunities in 2021. Email us if you are interested in being a volunteer for one of our future builds and we will contact you directly when our plans are confirmed! We’re always looking for help!
Oktoberfiesta 2020 @ Home – Sunday, October 11, 2020 & Sunday, October 25, 2020
- Come join us and enjoy what we’ve grown to love about Oktoberfiesta – warm pretzels out of the oven and great times spent with friends and family. This year, you’ll be able to pick up custom Oktoberfiesta Fun Kits and enjoy them while practicing social distancing on our lawn, around your own warm fire pit, or in the comfort of your cozy home. We will be offering three unique Oktoberfiesta Fun Kits with warm pretzels fresh out of the oven along with fixings and spirits from local sponsors – Rustica Bakery, Marna’s Cafe, Venn Brewer, 5 Vodka, and Finnegans – who have all come together to offer you some of their most popular and creative offerings for these special Oktoberfiesta Fun Kits.
Check out our upcoming bake sales below!
Upcoming Bake Sales
Currently, we are baking bread on the same schedule as the women in Costa Rica (weather permitting), which is every other weekend. Just as the women in Costa Rica, we sell our bread to our family, friends, and community.
We’d love to add you to our Bread Lovers List but keep in mind that at this time we are only baking bread at our St. Louis Park oven.
If you are interested in buying bread please email us so we can better inform you of our bread baking!
The process begins with an email sent to all of our bread lovers with the specifics about the weeks baking schedule and the special breads scheduled for baking. You place your bread order via email and we let you know when they are hot out of the oven and ready for pick-up!
All proceeds are directly to support Bricks to Bread mission.
**DUE TO COVID-19: We will continue to bake on the same baking schedule as the women in Costa Rica (weather permitting), which is every other weekend. We are continuing the same process of sending an email sent to all of our bread lovers with the specifics about the week’s baking schedule and the special breads scheduled for baking. You will still place your bread order via email and we will let you know when they are hot out of the oven and ready for pick-up!
Prices are as follows:
Signature White Boule = $5.00
Whole Wheat Fruit & Nut = $6.00
Daily Specials = $6.00
Mini Cinnamon loaves = $3.00